Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tomer Okavi <to...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/23 14:37:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Reverse Proxy and header manipulation

Hi
I'm using apache as front end for iis servers.
I'm using mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer for the reverse proxy stuff and
for load balancing requests beetween backend (IIS) servers.
the front end apache is also doing ssl, backend communication is http
(browser ----> https apache ------> http backend iis)
i'm trying to pass some env variables like SSL_SESSION_ID to the backend
servers via HTTP Headers.
i tried  RequestHeader append SSL_SESSION_ID %{SSL_SESSION_ID}e with no
luck.
headers are set but with null values at the backend.

any help or pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks

Tomer.

RE: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy and header manipulation

Posted by Emmanuel Bailleul <Em...@telindus.fr>.

Hi,

Just some ideas :
- do you have 'SSLOptions +StdEnvVars' in your config ?
- did you try with 'RequestHeader set ...' ?

Regards

Emmanuel

Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy and header manipulation

Posted by Octavian Rasnita <or...@gmail.com>.