Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2012/12/02 17:49:54 UTC

Re: Multiple build profiles in root pom.xml

On Nov 16, 2012, at 2:39 PM, Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

> These were added earlier as per the requirement of [1]. I don't think these
> build profiles are used now (but I'm not sure) and they are not upto date.
> If these profiles are not needed, it's better to remove them.
>
> [1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-348
>
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Amila Jayasekara
> <th...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Root pom.xml contains multiple build profiles. This is bit confusing
>> and it is good if we can have a single (default) build profile. We can
>> build Airavata fairly quickly and I dont see a good reason to have
>> multiple build profiles. Also we cannot make sure all these profiles
>> are upto date.
>>
>> Any objections in keeping default profile and removing rest ?

Since there was not much discussion on this thread, shall we assume lazy consensus and clean this up? I anyway want to revisit all the pom's to ensure LICENSE & NOTICE are up to date. While I am at it, I can clean up the profiles as well.

Suresh

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

I already removed those additional profiles from my local copy. But
still I am keeping an additional profile just to build airavata
without integration tests. So this change will go with integration
tests.

Thanks
Amila