Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ian Tomey <Ia...@lombardrisk.com> on 2002/02/28 11:53:04 UTC

Annoyance with

Hi all,

Using Struts 1.02. I am placing multiple forms on the screen which I have populated from an action and pushed into request scope.

When I use the html:form tag and specify name, then it barfs if I don't specify the type property (to create new bean if it doesnt exist). Don't really want to specify the full class of the form, especially as they are set up in struts-config. shouldn't this tag at least check for a form name in struts-config?

Cheers
Ian

Re: Annoyance with

Posted by Jonathan James <jj...@focus-technologies.com>.
try <html:form action="xxxx"> where xxxx is the "path" of the action defined
in the struts-config.xml file

Using Struts 1.02. I am placing multiple forms on the screen which I have
populated from an action and pushed into request scope.

When I use the html:form tag and specify name, then it barfs if I don't
specify the type property (to create new bean if it doesnt exist). Don't
really want to specify the full class of the form, especially as they are
set up in struts-config. shouldn't this tag at least check for a form name
in struts-config?

Cheers
Ian

For additional commands, e-mail: