Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tony Edwards <TE...@civica.com.au> on 2003/05/27 01:47:25 UTC

2.0.4 scheduler

Hello Cocooners,
Is there an existing scheduling mechanism for Cocoon 2.0.4?
If not, is there a straight forward way of integrating Cocoon with Quartz,
for example?
Additionally, are there many readers of this list residing in Australia as I
would like to get a handle on who and how many people are utilising Cocoon
in Oz.
Thanks,
Tony Edwards

This email is from Civica Pty Limited and it, together with any attachments,
is confidential to the intended recipient(s) and the contents may be legally
privileged or contain proprietary and private information. It is intended
solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this email. If received in
error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your system
immediately.Any views or opinions expressed in this email and any files
transmitted with it are those of the author only and may not necessarily
reflect the views of Civica and do not create any legally binding rights or
obligations whatsoever. Unless otherwise pre-agreed by exchange of hard copy
documents signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not be
concluded on behalf of Civica by email. Please note that neither Civica nor
the sender accepts any responsibility for any viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan the email and the attachments (if any). All email
received and sent by Civica may be monitored to protect the business
interests of Civica.

Re: 2.0.4 scheduler

Posted by David Kavanagh <da...@dotech.com>.
Tony,
I needed one also and took a few days to write a generic task mechanism
based heavily on the Avalon stuff (that Cocoon uses). It has its own
.xconf file and can fire off timed tasks (periodic and cron type). Tasks
can also be triggered from an action or another task. My task manager is
an avalon component, so it is set up in the cocoon.xconf file. Several
projects at work are using it right now. It might be something we could
donate to the community.

David

Re: 2.0.4 scheduler

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org>.
> Hello Cocooners,
> Is there an existing scheduling mechanism for Cocoon 2.0.4?
> If not, is there a straight forward way of integrating Cocoon with Quartz,
> for example?

Quartz is integrated into Lenya: http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/

I am sure we could try to separate it and maybe make a block out of it.

I also like the idea of the Avalon component of David, because I guess it
fits better into the Cocoon framework, but I am not familiar with it.

Thanks

Michael

> Additionally, are there many readers of this list residing in Australia as
> would like to get a handle on who and how many people are utilising Cocoon
> in Oz.
> Thanks,
> Tony Edwards

> This email is from Civica Pty Limited and it, together with any
> attachments,
> is confidential to the intended recipient(s) and the contents may be
> legally
> privileged or contain proprietary and private information. It is intended
> solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended
> recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this email. If received
> in
> error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your system
> immediately.Any views or opinions expressed in this email and any files
> transmitted with it are those of the author only and may not necessarily
> reflect the views of Civica and do not create any legally binding rights
> or
> obligations whatsoever. Unless otherwise pre-agreed by exchange of hard
> copy
> documents signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not be
> concluded on behalf of Civica by email. Please note that neither Civica
> nor
> the sender accepts any responsibility for any viruses and it is your
> responsibility to scan the email and the attachments (if any). All email
> received and sent by Civica may be monitored to protect the business
> interests of Civica.

RE: 2.0.4 scheduler

Posted by sc...@froggy.com.au.
I am in Melbourne and have used Cocoon successfully as reporting engine.
XSP in the Back, HTML and Excel in the Front.

Regards

Scott Warren
Ocom Software
... Exceeding Quality.....