Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> on 2005/08/08 05:41:41 UTC

[Axis2] IDEA and SVN

Hi all,

(This is not IDEA marketing ;))

I installed IDEA version 5 and it seems it has very good integrated support
for SVN. You can do update, commit and most of the other stuff within IDEA
itself without using Tortoise SVN or anything.
The cool thing I found was that, when you move a class from one place to
another, earlier we had to manually delete and add it to SVN. Now IDEA does
this itself, which is pretty much cool, at least for me :).

In case if you don't know, IDEA gives free licenses for open source
development and Axis2 is recognized as a project for them.

Re: [Axis2] IDEA and SVN

Posted by Mike Moran <mi...@mac.com>.
On 8 Aug 2005, at 04:41, Eran Chinthaka wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> (This is not IDEA marketing ;))
>
> I installed IDEA version 5 and it seems it has very good integrated
> support
> for SVN. You can do update, commit and most of the other stuff within
> IDEA
> itself without using Tortoise SVN or anything.
> The cool thing I found was that, when you move a class from one place
> another, earlier we had to manually delete and add it to SVN. Now IDEA
> does
> this itself, which is pretty much cool, at least for me :).

Shouldn't you (and IDEA) be doing an svn move? Doing an svn delete and
add would surely lose any history of the file. I always thought this
was part of the point of uisng svn over cvs since svn allows you to
retain history across moves.

Just curious.

[ ... ]

--