Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ru...@thomson.com on 2007/10/15 22:10:29 UTC

Artifact Relocation in inhouse repository

Have any of you tried to use the "relocation" feature of maven when
needing to change the group id of an already published artifact?  See
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html

When I follow the directions from that link Maven starts complaining
that it can no longer find the artifact when still trying to reference
it using the old group and artifact name.  I see other artifacts out
there that have done it like

Wutka dtdparser.

Old ref:  wutka:dtdparser:1.21

New ref: com.wutka:dtdparser:1.21

Using the old one redirects you to the new one like it is suppose but
when I try it with my local stuff maven claims it can't find the old one
anymore.

I thought maybe it had to do with me using Proximity but even with that
it handles wutka just fine?

Any ideas?

--Rudy