Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2018/03/06 07:06:00 UTC

fixing the list of artifacts in maven-metadata.xml

Hi,

In Jansi, there is an issue with the list of artifacts versions: some old
artifacts published on Central are not listed in the metadata (I don't know
why/when they disappeared).
Here is the maven-metadata.xml [1] which lists versions 1.12 to 1.17
But the directory contains also versions 1.2.1to 1.11

This causes issues for people using version ranges (grrrr, I hate version
ranges for dependencies).

Then I have a stupid simple question that I don't know the answer: how to fix
the issue?
Can it be fixed during a future release by tweaking local metadata.xml?
Should it be fixed at repository manager level? (Jansi is using OSSRH) During a
release or independently of a release?
Should it be fixed by a Jira issue to Sonatype? MVNCENTRAL or OSSRH [3]?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/fusesource/jansi/jansi/maven-metadata.xml

[2] http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/fusesource/jansi/jansi/

[3] http://central.sonatype.org/pages/help.html

Re: fixing the list of artifacts in maven-metadata.xml

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Right, the updateReleaseInfo param will IIRC just add the release being
deployed to the list. Not rebuild old data. That's why you need Sonatype to
fix old data and then the updateReleaseInfo param needs to be used for
future releases (which should be the case if the release-profile profile
from the super-POM is used)..

/A

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.