Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by David Novogrodsky <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/19 23:25:07 UTC

Question about using Oozie on the Cloudera quickstart VM, version 5.2.0

I have a question regarding Hue, Oozie, and Hive.  I am using the
quickstart version 5.2.0.  I have not changed any of the configurations for
any of the parts.  I am using the Hue interface to access Hive, Oozie and
HDFS.

   - First, where are the saved queries I make in Hive stored in HDFS?

   - Second,  are the saved Hive quesries, see questions one, accessable to
   the Hue Oozie Editor?

   - Third, a workflow requires a hive.xml file.  What is the simpliest
   hive.xml file that i can use for this development environment?

   - Fourth, where are the saved workflows stored on the HDFS?  When I look
   at user/hue/oozie/workspaces I do not see my saved workflow.

David Novogrodsky
david.novogrodsky@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidnovogrodsky