Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/06/16 08:54:49 UTC

Gump PMC Report

Infrastructure:

    * we've moved off of Brutus and are now spread over three
      machines.  vmgump.apache.org is a VMWare instance on Loki,
      gump.zones.apache.org a Solaris zone on helios and
      gump.osuosl.org a MacOS X server of the Oregon State University
      that we can use. Many Thanks!

    * vmgump will become our primary machine for now, we are slowly
      progressing to the state of stability we had on brutus.

    * the other instances are not yet fully up and running.

Technical:

    * Work continues on Gump3. It is slowly and steadily progressing
      into a codebase that does useful stuff.

Other:

    * Nick Chalko has taken a leave of absence from the PMC, we hope
      to get him back next year.

    * still all Apache committers have access to metadata in CVS.

    * no releases.

    * There are three proposed Summer of Code projects for Gump, all
      focused on Gump3 development. Mentors include Scott Sanders,
      Adam Jack and Leo Simons. Since Gump is one of the few
      python-based projects in the programme, we expect some of these
      will be successfully followed up on.