Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com> on 2010/05/21 02:58:16 UTC

Boilerpipe issue with Maven central repository

Hi all (and in particular Jukka & Chris),

Just to confirm, I'm assuming that nothing can happen with rolling in
TIKA-420 (Boilerpipe integration) until the non-central repo
dependency in the pom gets removed.

Thanks,

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://bixolabs.com
e l a s t i c   w e b   m i n i n g

Re: Boilerpipe issue with Maven central repository

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 2:58 AM, Ken Krugler
<kk...@transpac.com> wrote:
> Just to confirm, I'm assuming that nothing can happen with rolling in
> TIKA-420 (Boilerpipe integration) until the non-central repo dependency in
> the pom gets removed.

You can commit the patch as it is now for use in the trunk, but like
with the NetCDF stuff, we'll need to get all dependencies to Maven
central before we do the 0.8 release.

If updating the build systems and release processes of the upstream
projects is too much effort, we can always just make one-time upload
requests [1] for the exact versions we want to use.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Boilerpipe issue with Maven central repository

Posted by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com>.
Hi Chris,

On May 20, 2010, at 8:18pm, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:

> Hey Ken,
>
> I got pinged by the NetCDF community folks asking if I would help
> them upgrade their Ant scripts to publish to Central. Never done
> this before, but am going to try. If you know how or anyone that has
> experience on the list, if you could send me some pointers I'd
> appreciate it.

Jukka provided some good refs to Sonatype in his comment at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-420?focusedCommentId=12866571&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel
#action_12866571

But the main issue, as I understand it, is that Christian would have
to publish the Boilerpipe jar to the central Maven repo, as otherwise
the TIka pom has a dependency on a java.net repo, and that's not
kosher for artifacts (like Tika) that want to be in the Maven central
repo.

So I don't know if there's anything you or I could do, unless we
wanted to pre-publish his jar. Doable, but really something that's
more appropriate for the project author.

I actually have a use case where I'd want to be using Boilerpipe, but
for now I think I'll have to build a custom version of Tika with
Christian's patch.

-- Ken

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hey Ken,

I got pinged by the NetCDF community folks asking if I would help them upgrade their Ant scripts to publish to Central. Never done this before, but am going to try. If you know how or anyone that has experience on the list, if you could send me some pointers I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
Chris

On 5/20/10 5:58 PM, "Ken Krugler" <kk...@transpac.com> wrote:

Hi all (and in particular Jukka & Chris),

Just to confirm, I'm assuming that nothing can happen with rolling in
TIKA-420 (Boilerpipe integration) until the non-central repo
dependency in the pom gets removed.

Thanks,

-- Ken

Ken Krugler