Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com> on 2011/04/20 19:08:16 UTC

HTable not thread safe

If the HTable is not thread safe how would one use multiple threads to read/write to a table?

Thanks

-Pete

RE: HTable not thread safe

Posted by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com>.
Thanks, I'll do that. I need to redesign my client to be multi-threaded so it's a good time to look at it.

-Pete

Posted by tsuna <ts...@gmail.com>.

RE: HTable not thread safe

Posted by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com>.
Sorry, my bad, I assumed each thread would have its own Table instance not using a shared instance.

Thanks

-Pete

Each thread should maintain its own HTable instance.

Re: HTable not thread safe

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.