Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mastaskillz33 <ai...@csc.com> on 2010/01/19 17:28:16 UTC

Active MQ ajax and security

I've developing an application on google's app engine. I would like to
integrate it with active mq. I figure I could put my active mq server
exposed to the web except I would need to authenticate users before allowing
them to pub sub to the Q. How should I do this. I basically want them to log
into the app engine site and not be prompted again

Re: Active MQ ajax and security

Posted by mastaskillz33 <ai...@csc.com>.
Thank you. A rest interface does make sense here. Since consuming
applications would be deployed to a different locations. Could I write
specific servlets in the jetty container for a REST interface?

My other question is even if I deployed an application to the embedded jetty
server and used the ajax interface someone could always just modify the
queue name(firebug or whatever) and see anyone else's data. Is there any way
to add security in that case? or am I stuck wrapping the queue interactions
inside a REST service. One of which would then need to be a "long polling or
alternative" to receive the live message off the queue.

I also am curios as to the best way to authenticate to a rest service once a
user is authenticated on a particular site for instance.

Twitter uses basic auth for it's web services. If the twitter was to use
those services on it's pages how would It basic auth the user. It would need
to send the headers over the wire. Is there a better way?

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,