Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by s-...@artefrance.fr on 2003/02/20 11:32:02 UTC

RE : Transparent background in GIF

Hi !

I actually use transparent GIF in my generated PDF. It worked nice with
fop 0.20.4 and 0.20.5rc2.

I think this may be a problem with your image encoding, here is one
example of a gif I made to be used with fop.

http://www.tatouage.fr/temp/cd_bord_histoire_ancienne_even.gif

And here's a render :

http://www.tatouage.fr/temp/cd_skin_example.pdf

I use a GIF89A encoding with 16 colors and diffuse mode off.

Simon

Zhong Yi <yi...@yahoo.com>
20/02/2003 06:57
Veuillez répondre à fop-user

        Pour :  fop-user@xml.apache.org
        cc :
        Objet : Transparent background in GIF

Hi,
I met a problem of PDF generated by FOP. The attached
small gif image has a transparent background in it.
When I use FOP to generate a document with this image,
the transparent part did not get rendered correctly.
In Adobe, the area it white, in print out, it's a
black
background.

I know transparency is not implemented in PS at all.
What about the PDF then?

Thank you for your help.

George