Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Chad Johnston <cj...@megatome.com> on 2013/09/20 22:22:04 UTC

JIRA 5867 Fix causes Pig troubles

I've checked out and built the 1.2.10-tentative branch, and I've noticed
that all of my CQL prepared statements are now broken.

Looking into the code, it looks like the "#" -> "=" and "@" -> "?"
translations were removed. I tried to replace these in one of my scripts
with "=" and "?", but there's other code that splits the query string on
"=", causing the prepared statement to be malformed.

If I look at the comments on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5867, where this change was
made, I see a single mention of URL encoding the CQL query. Is this the
expectation going forward? Was there a reason that the "#" and "@" mappings
were removed?

Thanks,
Chad

Re: JIRA 5867 Fix causes Pig troubles

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Chad Johnston <cj...@megatome.com>wrote:

> I've checked out and built the 1.2.10-tentative branch, and I've noticed
> that all of my CQL prepared statements are now broken.
>
> Looking into the code, it looks like the "#" -> "=" and "@" -> "?"
> translations were removed. I tried to replace these in one of my scripts
> with "=" and "?", but there's other code that splits the query string on
> "=", causing the prepared statement to be malformed.
>
> If I look at the comments on
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5867, where this change
> was made, I see a single mention of URL encoding the CQL query. Is this the
> expectation going forward? Was there a reason that the "#" and "@" mappings
> were removed?

This issue is probably best addressed in the context of an CASSANDRA Jira.
:)

=Rob