Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Frank Lawlor <fl...@athensgroup.com> on 2003/05/02 19:33:55 UTC

Production use of Connection Pooling

I just went through a project where we looked at using the commons
pooling in a production application.

We found a number of serious problems with its use.  Anyone considering
production use of the commons pooling or any pooling product should be
aware of these issues.

We also documented some programming practices for using pooled
connections.

To see these look in the White Papers section of
http://stealthis.athensgroup.com/presentations/

for Jakarta_Pooling.doc and Proper_JDBC.doc

  -- Frank

Re: Production use of Connection Pooling

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
A copy of this email was sent on March 24th. Apologies for letting a copy
through the moderation.

Hen