Posted to user@ode.apache.org by phan le sang <ph...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/06 18:42:06 UTC

Trying to find an example

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to find an example of BPEL process in which we taking the result
from one web service and using it to invoke another web service. Would you
please give me some links or some sources. I've tried to find it in the
documentation page but still not see.

Thanks for any help!
Sang

Re: Trying to find an example

Posted by Denis Weerasiri <dd...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
The following code snippet invoke a service specified in
InvokeMultiplierService2. And the result is assigned to the input variable
of the next <invoke/> which is InvokeSquareService.

<invoke name="InvokeMultiplierService2" partnerLink="MultiplierPartnerLink"
operation="multiply" portType="ns1:MultiplierServicePortType"
inputVariable="MultiplyInput1" outputVariable="MultiplyOutput1"/>
        <assign name="Assign3">
            <copy>
                <from>
                    <literal xml:space="preserve">
            <tns:square xmlns:tns="http://ws.apache.org/axis2" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                  <tns:param0></tns:param0>
            </tns:square>
            </literal>
                </from>
                <to part="parameters" variable="SquareInput">
                </to>
            </copy>
        <copy>
                <from>$MultiplyOutput1.parameters/ns4:return</from>
                <to>$SquareInput.parameters/ns4:param0</to>
            </copy>
        </assign>
        <invoke name="InvokeSquareService" partnerLink="SquarePartnerLink"
operation="square" xmlns:ns2="http://SquareService.wsdl"
portType="ns2:SquareServicePortType" inputVariable="SquareInput"
outputVariable="SquareOutput"/>

I think this will help you.

Cheers,
Denis Weerasiri.
http://ddweerasiri.blogspot.com/

Re: Trying to find an example

Posted by phanlesang <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris,
I will post here if I get problems.
Cheers

Chris Ma wrote:

> Hi Sang,
>
>            I think you want to find a bpel example to join these two
> services into a single bpel service. Although this is not the case I am
> looking for, I will try to do it for you, I hope I can do it before your
> deadline. let's keep in touch..
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris Ma
>

> phanlesang wrote:
>>
>> Hi Chris,
>> I'm writing a bpel designer using GWT so that we can design business
>> process online and using Apache ODE on backend server. My designer is not
>> work well though. I chose above example to demo for my bpel designer.
>> This is very simple, for example:
>>
>> At first, I use Amazon Book Price Finder Service:
>> http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/AWSECommerceService.wsdl
>> to get price of a book.
>>
>> Second, I use Currency Converter Service:
>> http://www.mindswap.org/2004/owl-s/1.0/CurrencyConverter.owl to convert
>> price (in $USA) to my currency.
>>
>> I intend to that. Also, I have some days left to accomplish this. Just
>> wonder if I can :(
>>

>> Chris Ma wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Sang,
>>> I am doing a survey on BPEL, I have written a similar example as you
>>> want, but I think its a toy example, I am looking for a pratical
>>> scenario for using BPEL as your example, may we can do some cooperations
>>> to finish our tasks? you can tell me your case and I will do the BPEL
>>> program for you?

-----
Sang PL

Re: Trying to find an example

Posted by Chris Ma <cm...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Sang,

Re: Trying to find an example

Posted by phanlesang <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

Chris Ma wrote:

> Hi Sang,
> I am doing a survey on BPEL, I have written a similar example as you want,
> but I think its a toy example, I am looking for a pratical scenario for
> using BPEL as your example, may we can do some cooperations to finish our
> tasks? you can tell me your case and I will do the BPEL program for you?
>

> phanlesang wrote:
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I'm trying to find an example of BPEL process in which we taking the
>> result
>> from one web service and using it to invoke another web service. Would
>> you
>> please give me some links or some sources. I've tried to find it in the
>> documentation page but still not see.
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>> Sang
>>

>> -----
>> Sang PL

-----
Sang PL

Re: Trying to find an example

Posted by Chris Ma <cm...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Sang,

Re: Trying to find an example

Posted by Andy Phan <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alexis

-----
Andy

Re: Trying to find an example

Posted by Alexis Midon <mi...@intalio.com>.
I can't find an example with 2 invocations, but the following bpel test case
might be a good start for you:
http://github.com/apache/ode/blob/APACHE_ODE_1.X/axis2-war/src/test/resources/TestSoapHeader/HeaderTest.bpel

You could replace the <reply> with a second <invoke> for instance. The idea
is that you can do whatever you want with the outputVariable of your first
<invoke>.
You could for instance use assignments to extract the relevant information
from the outputVariable and prepare the inputVariable of your next
invocation.

I hope it helps.

Alexis