Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2014/04/21 14:48:04 UTC

OpenOffice Weekly News #1

The first issue is out and you can find it here:

https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_weekly_news_1

Remember, this is powered by your submissions.  So be sure to add new
stories to the wiki, so we have material ready for next week:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40508638

I'd love to have content next week related to the users mailing list
and/or user forums.  A link to an interesting user question, an FAQ, a
good tip for users, etc.

Regards,

-Rob

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> The first issue is out and you can find it here:
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_weekly_news_1
>
> Remember, this is powered by your submissions.  So be sure to add new
> stories to the wiki, so we have material ready for next week:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40508638
>
> I'd love to have content next week related to the users mailing list
> and/or user forums.  A link to an interesting user question, an FAQ, a
> good tip for users, etc.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

Nice to see this concise way of letting the world know what we're up to on
a regular basis.

MzK

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
                                            -- Helen Keller

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by japples <ja...@europa.com>.
This is the error I received this morning :

      Proxy Error

    The proxy server could not handle the request /GET /
    <https://blogs.apache.org/>/.

    Reason: *Error reading from remote server*

    Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at blogs.apache.org Port 443

circulars@gmx.com wrote:
> Rob:
>
> Really sorry, but have tried twice today and now getting:
>

> Proxy Error
> The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
> The proxy server could not handle the request GET
> /OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_weekly_news_1.
>
> Reason: Error reading from remote server
>

> Tried going in via https://blogs.apache.org/ but get the same message
> there too.

> On 25 Apr 2014, at 17:20, upscope wrote:
>
> On Friday, April 25, 2014 11:42:08 AM Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 8:41 AM,  <ci...@gmx.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks Rob
>>>
>>> Been hoping for something like this for a long time. Or something
>>> like the emails that firefox sends to users, though with more about
>>> what is in the pipe.
>>>
>>> Can we get it emailed to us? That would be my preference.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately can't find out from edition 1 as  am getting error
>>> message 404 on trying to have a look:
>>>
>>> "Sorry! We couldn''t find your document"
>>
>> A power surge disrupted the server the blog was on.  It should be
>> working now.
>>
>> Our blog does have an associated Atom feed.  If you look around you'll
>> find numerous services that will let you receive an email
>> notification based on feed updates.   Some email clients also have
>> built-in feed support.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Rob
>>
>>> Cheers
>>>

>>> On 21 Apr 2014, at 13:48, Rob Weir wrote:
>>>
>>> The first issue is out and you can find it here:
>>>
>>> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_weekly_news_1
>>>
>>> Remember, this is powered by your submissions.  So be sure to add
>>> new
>>> stories to the wiki, so we have material ready for next week:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=405
>>> 08638
>>>
>>> I'd love to have content next week related to the users mailing list
>>> and/or user forums.  A link to an interesting user question, an FAQ,
>>> a good tip for users, etc.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> -Rob

> Was able to log on to the Blog site today. Must have been the power
> glitch, you mentioned.

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by ci...@gmx.com.
Rob:

Really sorry, but have tried twice today and now getting:

Proxy Error
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /OOo/entry/

--
openSUSE 13.1(Linux 3.11.10-7-desktop x86_64|
Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz|8GB DDR3|

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by upscope <up...@nwi.net>.

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by mike <mi...@azdwiggins.com>.
404 here also.

--
James M Dwiggins
520-249-7116

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by upscope <up...@nwi.net>.
On Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:37:33 PM James Knott wrote:
> I'm also getting 404.
>
> circulars@gmx.com wrote:
> > Thanks Rob
> >
> > Been hoping for something like this for a long time. Or something
> > like the emails that firefox sends to users, though with more about
> > what is in the pipe.
> >
> > Can we get it emailed to us? That would be my preference.
> >
> > Unfortunately can't find out from edition 1 as  am getting error
> > message 404 on trying to have a look:
> >
> > "Sorry! We couldn''t find your document"
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> > On 21 Apr 2014, at 13:48, Rob Weir wrote:
> >
> > The first issue is out and you can find it here:
> >
> > https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_weekly_news_1
> >
> > Remember, this is powered by your submissions.  So be sure to add
> > new
> > stories to the wiki, so we have material ready for next week:
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=405
> > 08638
> >
> > I'd love to have content next week related to the users mailing list
> > and/or user forums.  A link to an interesting user question, an FAQ,
> > a good tip for users, etc.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > -Rob

I get 404 also.

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
I'm also getting 404.

circulars@gmx.com wrote:
> Thanks Rob
>
> Been hoping for something like this for a long time. Or something like
> the emails that firefox sends to users, though with more about what is
> in the pipe.
>
> Can we get it emailed to us? That would be my preference.
>
> Unfortunately can't find out from edition 1 as  am getting error
> message 404 on trying to have a look:
>
> "Sorry! We couldn''t find your document"
>
> Cheers
>

> On 21 Apr 2014, at 13:48, Rob Weir wrote:
>
> The first issue is out and you can find it here:
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_weekly_news_1
>
> Remember, this is powered by your submissions.  So be sure to add new
> stories to the wiki, so we have material ready for next week:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40508638
>
> I'd love to have content next week related to the users mailing list
> and/or user forums.  A link to an interesting user question, an FAQ, a
> good tip for users, etc.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by ci...@gmx.com.

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.
on Monday, April 21, 2014 3:20 PM Rob Weir wrote:

> Like this?
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_weekly_news_1

Yes, thank you.

Jörg

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:

> on Monday, April 21, 2014 3:08 PM Jörg Schmidt wrote:
>> Hello Rob,
>>
>> on Monday, April 21, 2014 2:48 PM Rob Weir wrote:
>> > The first issue is out and you can find it here:
>> >
>> > https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_weekly_news_1
>> >
>> > Remember, this is powered by your submissions.  So be sure to add
>> > new stories to the wiki, so we have material ready for next week:
>> >
>> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?page
>> > Id=40508638
>> >
>> > I'd love to have content next week related to the users mailing list
>> > and/or user forums.  A link to an interesting user question, an FAQ,
>> > a good tip for users, etc.
>>

>> I have the German translation now also enabled and linked to
>> the two German-speaking mailing lists.
>>
>> Please, can you in the blog-post, supplement under the
>> heading "Apache OpenOffice Weekly News # 1":
>>
>> "Translations: (en)"
>
> Sorry, mistake, I meant of course:
>
> "Translations: (de)"

Like this?  https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_weekly_news_1

-Rob

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.

Re: OpenOffice Weekly News #1

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.
Hello Rob,

on Monday, April 21, 2014 2:48 PM Rob Weir wrote:
> The first issue is out and you can find it here:
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_weekly_news_1
>
> Remember, this is powered by your submissions.  So be sure to add new
> stories to the wiki, so we have material ready for next week:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?page
> Id=40508638
>
> I'd love to have content next week related to the users mailing list
> and/or user forums.  A link to an interesting user question, an FAQ,
> a good tip for users, etc.

I have the German translation now also enabled and linked to the two German-speaking mailing lists.

Please, can you in the blog-post, supplement under the heading "Apache OpenOffice Weekly News # 1":

"Translations: (en)"

and "(de)" as link:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40509525

Thank you.