Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> on 2007/04/25 02:21:10 UTC

RE: [RESULT] (was: RE: [VOTE] [Retry] Approve the release of Apache Lucene.Net 2.0 build 004 incubating)

Hi folks,

Can someone help me find the answer to the following questions that I
posted:

> Speaking of which, where is the official place to upload the
> release artifact to and what is the official mailing list to
> make the announcement?  Is there an ASF document I can read
> to learn all about this?

Thanks!

-- George

Re: [RESULT] (was: RE: [VOTE] [Retry] Approve the release of Apache Lucene.Net 2.0 build 004 incubating)

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 4/25/07, George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Can someone help me find the answer to the following questions that I
> posted:
>
> > Speaking of which, where is the official place to upload the
> > release artifact to

i don't know. hopefully people will jump in.

>> and what is the official mailing list to
>> make the announcement?

unless there are good reasons not to (for example, under-the-radar
releases), use everyone that is on-topic. for lucence.NET i'd say
lucene lists, general and announcements@apache.org.

this lists are widely mirrored, well indexed and widely read so take
some time to create some good content for the announcement. remember
to include content describing lucene.NET for those who don't know what
it is and an invitation for new developers.

>> Is there an ASF document I can read
>> to learn all about this?

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html needs work
(i try to find some more time@apachecon)