Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Warwick Burrows <wa...@e2open.com> on 2004/12/01 23:55:01 UTC

Performance gain from WebdavResource reuse?

Is there a performance gain when you use a single WebdavResource object per
thread and reuse it to access different resources on the same Slide server?
ie. if there is only one WebdavResource then is there only one HTTP
connection to the Slide server across which all requests flow no matter what
the target document or collection is?  Or is the connection torn down and
reestablished again when setPath() is called. I would not think so but want
to confirm it.

Also, is there anything in particular that I need to do to enable HTTP 1.1
persistent connections for the webdav client if I'm using Tomcat 4.1.30 or
is this the default mode of operation for the webdav client?

Thanks,
Warwick