Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Johnson, Bryce" <Br...@Pearson.com> on 2009/06/05 17:59:20 UTC

Unable to exclude .svn in fileset

Hello,

I've been working under a windows build environment trying to build a
java software product.

When doing an ant copy with fileset, the default exclude does not work
in omitting .svn directories.

Reference:

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/fileset.html

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/defaultexcludes.html

I've even set the exclude tag inside of fileset to do this and still
does not work.

Internet discussions show that I am not alone in this problem.  Most
people just say to do a svn export to somewhere else to do my build
without the .svn's, which is what I'm going to do.

Is there a bug with fileset and exclude?  Is it a windows file
permission thing between it and svn that we can't get around with ant?
Can the ant documentation be change to reflect that it doesn't work?

Thanks for any advice, info and your work on this project.

Re: Unable to exclude .svn in fileset

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Hi Bryce,

On 2009-06-05, Johnson, Bryce <Br...@Pearson.com> wrote:

> When doing an ant copy with fileset, the default exclude does not work
> in omitting .svn directories.

It does, really.  I've just committed a testcase for this
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=782943> and it passes
for me on Windows.  The test file itself lives in a svn working copy
so there is a .svn directory as part of the fileset.

> I've even set the exclude tag inside of fileset to do this and still
> does not work.

Then something else must be wrong.

> Internet discussions show that I am not alone in this problem.

Any pointers?

Really there must be some other kind of problem because it generally
works.  Can you provide a build file snippet of a copy task that fails
for you?

Stefan