Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Mazhar, Osman (Home Office)" <ma...@lls.org> on 2005/12/30 16:37:58 UTC

calling nested Spring services

Hello,

I am having issues calling nested Spring Services in my code.

I am using Tapestry 4.0 rc3 with Spring and Hibernate and using the
tapestry-spring.jar for integration.

What I am trying to do is populate a dropdown in the pageBeginRender()
method. In that method, when I call a Spring service (injected through
hivemind) which calls another Spring service (also injected through
hivemind) my application hangs. However, if I modify my code and call a
single Spring service (not nested) then everything seems to work fine.

Is this a limitation with the way tapestry integrates with Spring? Has
anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Osman Mazhar

Sr Technical Architect

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

1311 Mamaroneck Avenue

White Plains, NY 10605

914-821-8210

NOTICE: This message, including all attachments transmitted with it, is for
the use of the addressee only. It may contain proprietary, confidential
and/or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is
waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
print or copy any part of this message. If you believe you have received
this message in error, please delete it and all copies of it from your
system and notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail. Thank you.
REF#38293.51942

This e-mail has been scanned by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Managed Email Content Service, provided by MCI and Message Labs.

Re:calling nested Spring services

Posted by Voors Paul <pa...@atp.nl>.
No, i don't have had the same problems.
But would it be possible to inject the second (nested) service of your application direct via the spring config file?
i.e. In the 'first' service you create a setter for the 'second' nested service and let Spring inject this second service? You then have only to inject one service via havemind.

Paul
Mazhar, Osman (Home Office) (12/30/2005 16:37):
>Hello,
>

>I am having issues calling nested Spring Services in my code.
>

>I am using Tapestry 4.0 rc3 with Spring and Hibernate and using the
>tapestry-spring.jar for integration.
>

>What I am trying to do is populate a dropdown in the pageBeginRender()
>method. In that method, when I call a Spring service (injected through
>hivemind) which calls another Spring service (also injected through
>hivemind) my application hangs. However, if I modify my code and call a
>single Spring service (not nested) then everything seems to work fine.
>

>Is this a limitation with the way tapestry integrates with Spring? Has
>anyone else experienced a similar problem?
>

>Osman Mazhar
>
>Sr Technical Architect
>
>The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
>
>1311 Mamaroneck Avenue
>
>White Plains, NY 10605
>
>914-821-8210
>

>NOTICE: This message, including all attachments transmitted with it, is for
>the use of the addressee only. It may contain proprietary, confidential
>and/or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is
>waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended
>recipient, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
>print or copy any part of this message. If you believe you have received
>this message in error, please delete it and all copies of it from your
>system and notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail. Thank you.
>REF#38293.51942

>This e-mail has been scanned by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Managed Email Content Service, provided by MCI and Message Labs.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Paul Voors

function: Java Web Developer
department: Webdevelopment
Company:
ATP - The Advanced Travel Partner
Beechavenue 101 | 1119 RB Schiphol-Rijk | The Netherlands
P.O. Box 75672 | 1118 ZS  Schiphol-Rijk | The Netherlands
T +31 20 2011363 | F +31 20 2011362
e-mail: paul@atp.nl
www: www.atp.nl