Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by kiran19 <bs...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/12 18:25:42 UTC

use of web.xml?

hi all,
  can any one tell me the actual purpose of web.xml file in ofbiz....

Re: use of web.xml?

Posted by CJay Horton <ja...@gmail.com>.
It defines the control servlet to use for the webapp and the various
objects the control servlet will use.  All requests of a defined type
are funneled in through the control servlet and are processed
accordingly.  The control servlert also reads the data in the
controller.xml file to determine how to handle requests/etc.  The
web.xml also sets up the screen decorator, delegator,  and etc.

Re: use of web.xml?

Posted by Abhishake Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.

Re: use of web.xml?

Posted by Ashish Nagar <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
arpit singh pandya wrote:
> purpose is that, its deployment descriptor  file for the web application.
>
> kiran19 wrote:
>> hi all,
>>   can any one tell me the actual purpose of web.xml file in ofbiz....

Hi Kiran,
As Ofbiz is the project based on J2EE standards, so it uses web.xml as
deployment descriptor. A deployment descriptor is used to define the
welcome page,error-page,parameters used by filter and/or defined for
whole application.Session timeout value, listener & Servlet-Mapping is
also done in web.xml file.
I think this will help you.

Regards:
Ashish Nagar

Re: use of web.xml?

Posted by arpit singh pandya <ar...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: use of web.xml?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
web.xml is the same as Tomcat.
there are, however a lot of parms
that are used specifically in ofbiz like
   <context-param>
        <param-name>mainDecoratorLocation</param-name>
<param-value>component://ecommerce/widget/CommonScreens.xml</param-value>
        <description>The location of the main-decorator screen to use
for this webapp; referred to as a context variable in screen def XML
files.</description>
    </context-param>

these are specific to the webapp that it is in.

kiran19 sent the following on 12/12/2008 9:25 AM: