Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Digby <li...@digby.net> on 2005/03/07 21:23:15 UTC

Can't see hosts after upgrading to 5.5.7

Hi,

I've just installed 5.5.7 and after a few teething problem (mainly the
logger and a few old resources), everything starts okay, the localhost
page is displaying and there are no problems reported in the logs.

But... and I'm sure I'm doing something silly... I'm getting the
following error when accessing any db driven pages:

Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid:
"org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC
driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'"

Now, I have searched the web and the tomcat newsgroup archives, but it
all suggests the MySQL driver in the wrong place. I've put it in
tomcat/common/lib, the jre/lib/ext, server/lib, shared/lib, all
individually and in all combinations, but it just won't work.

I just copied my 5.0.28 config files over to my 5.5.7 installation, so
is there something I would need to change that i haven't read about?

Also, my "root" context doesn't work at root level any more. I've tried
a context path of "" and "/", but neither work. Again, has something
changed in 5.5?

Any help would be welcome.

TIA

Digby

PS I'll post the log files, but I can't get at the machine at the moment.

Re: Can't see hosts after upgrading to 5.5.7

Posted by Digby <li...@digby.net>.
Okay, here's the relevant bit of my server.xml and portal.xml. I really
don't think Tomcat is looking in the conf/catalina/myhostname/mycontext.xml

   <Engine defaultHost="myhostname" name="Catalina">
       <Host appBase="webapps" name="localhost">
       </Host>
       <Host appBase="C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Documents\hosts\myhostname"
deployOnStartup="false" name="myhostname" unpackWARs="false">
       </Host>
       <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm"
    debug="99"
    dataSourceName="jdbc/users_global"
    userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol="user_pass"
    userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" digest="MD5"/>
  </Engine>

and

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context docBase="mycontext.war" path="">
   <ResourceLink global="jdbc/users_global" name="jdbc/users"
	type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
</Context>

Posted by Digby <li...@digby.net>.