Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/02 15:39:24 UTC

please review for ghop task 3 - screen cast hello worl

hi,
the first screen cast is ready for a review[0] [1].
the screen cast is 7:51 long and about 32MB of size. don't let the size
prevent you from downloading it, as we can tell dan, the student, to
compress it more.

in addition to the hello world project it self, dan also gives detailed
instructions on how to use the quickstart archetype (even though he deletes
the java and html files later on).

one thing i noticed is that he used the phrase "import the WebApplication
package" (should actually be "import the WebApplication class").
he could have talked a bit more, imho.

feedback is much appreciated ;)

  Gerolf

[0] http://rapidshare.com/files/73783912/screencast.avi.html (should be
faster than dan's server)
[1] ftp://67.163.28.205 (selfhosted by dan)

Re: please review for ghop task 3 - screen cast hello worl

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
Queued...

Frank

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I think having a vote is not necessary for putting this on the web. But what
is/might be a problem is that the screencast is a copyrightable work, and we
need to get it clear that we can redistribute it. I've just send a message
to the Apache GHOP group to ask how to deal with this.
Martijn

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Probably less, though you will be personally liable for any copyright
infringement, as that would be the applicable law for this.
See my previous message, and the discussion (that will start I hope) on the
Apache GHOP google group.

Martijn

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Whitlow <dj...@gmail.com>.
Fix'd

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.
excellent, great job ;)

Posted by Dan Whitlow <dj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Dan Whitlow <dj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
First of all: Great work, great quality!

Comments:
 - you can shortly introduce Wicket: "Wicket is an open source java web
application framework"
 - use automatic import from eclipse, no need to import yourself
(ctrl-shift-o)
 - just start typing "HelloWorld extends WebPage" and press <ctrl-space> to