Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/02/16 11:51:53 UTC

Client side HTTP Authentication

Hi all,

I believe we have fully implemented client side HTTP Authentication with
regard to the expectations of RFC2616, [1] and RFC2617, [2]. This
includes,

1. HTTP Basic Authentication
2. HTTP Proxy Basic Authentication
3. HTTP Digest Authentication
4. HTTP Proxy Digest Authentication
5. Ability to specify credentials in the axis2.xml
6. Ability to override credentials in the axis2.xml for specific scenarios
7. Ability to force Basic Authentication
8. Ability to seek Digest Authentication params by only sending/getting
headers (utilizes HTTP Head Requests).
9. Ability to predetermine type of authentication before specifying
credentials
10. Full REST support
11. A feature rich client sample, echo_blocking_auth
12. Platform independent implementation

I expect that, you will kindly consider these in your tests for Axis2/C
release candidates. Please note that some areas are not yet documented and
you have to take a look into the echo_blocking_auth sample. I'm in the
process of updating our existing documentation, and please bare with me
for any inconvenience caused.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt
[2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2617.txt

Thanks,