Posted to m2-dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2004/09/12 17:50:32 UTC

Re: ognl WAS: cvs commit: maven-components/maven-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin OgnlProjectValueExtractor.java

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 07:42, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> I make this little change for run the doxia plugin, but I don't like
> basedir/* property.
> For the doxia plugin, I think we should add a siteDirectory in the build pom
> part and remove my changes.

Some form of site element in the POM is a great idea. I don't think it
belongs in the build section though.

I am deploying the site using elements in <distributionManagement/> but
we could probably do with a <siteManagement/> element to encapsulate all
things related to the site.

I honestly thing #basedir could eventually go away entirely, we should
have standard places for everything. What maven produces and uses is
boundless but we certainly can have standard top-level directories for
anything produced. Using #basedir is admittedly a bad idea.

> > Perhaps we should change this whole handler such that we check # first to
> see if
> > it is an expression. If so we next split it on / if it exists and keep the
> path
> > element, then do the expression handling. We would also need to evaluate
> the
> > path as an expression in case there are subexpressions.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Sure, do you want to fix it?

Let's get rid of the use of #basedir, when we then encounter a
short-coming we can adjust for it instead of adding more hacks.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
commit:maven-components/maven-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/pluginOgnl
ProjectValueExtractor.java

> On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 07:42, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
>
> > I make this little change for run the doxia plugin, but I don't like
> > basedir/* property.
> > For the doxia plugin, I think we should add a siteDirectory in the build
pom
> > part and remove my changes.
>
> Some form of site element in the POM is a great idea. I don't think it
> belongs in the build section though.
>
> I am deploying the site using elements in <distributionManagement/> but
> we could probably do with a <siteManagement/> element to encapsulate all
> things related to the site.

+1