Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by OfBizSuds <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2010/08/25 12:12:19 UTC

MySQL/ Postgres for Production??

Which is better MySQL or Postgres to use with Apache Ofbiz in Production? Are
they both free to be used in production? Any performance issues faced with
either one?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sudha

Re: MySQL/ Postgres for Production??

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
every Linux distribution is supported as far as I know.
In fact you can get real basic and just get the GNU Linux kernel and
start from there.
  both db have support as well.

=========================
BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

OfBizSuds sent the following on 8/25/2010 10:24 PM:

Posted by OfBizSuds <vi...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Apologize spellchecker and fat fingers
Postgraduate =Postgresql

=========================
BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

BJ Freeman sent the following on 8/25/2010 5:36 AM:

Posted by Charles Tjandra <se...@bdg.centrin.net.id>.
Sorry, BJ.
Posgres ... is it? what you mean??

Thanks.

- Charles TJ

====

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Matthieu Bollot <ma...@nereide.biz>.
Another thing that you may take care is that we still don't know the
future of mysql, since it's own by oracle…

--
Matthieu BOLLOT
www.nereide.biz

Re: MySQL/ Postgres for Production??

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I'd prefer Postgres because of MySql Timestamp issue
Some like MySql because of it onboard replication feature.
Looks like Postgres 9.0 will have it also, soon...
http://markmail.org/message/zm72zkw6k55pyiqb

Jacques

From: "OfBizSuds" <vi...@yahoo.com>