Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by pa...@aurumtechnology.com on 2003/12/23 21:18:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod SSL

Hello,

I am trying to build Apache 1.3.29 with mod_ssl.  I read the modssl.org
instructions on how to get Apache to use mod_ssl, but the docs are out dated
since Apache doesn't include the ssl module anymore.  Where can I find docs
to get them both working together.

Thanks,

Patrick Liechty

Notice:  The information contained in this message may be privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
us immediately by replying to this message, and then delete it from your
computer.  All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the Aurum
Technology corporate e-mail system and is subject to archiving and review by
someone other than the recipient.

Re: [users@httpd] Mod SSL

Posted by agftech lists <li...@agftech.com>.
About : http://www.agftech.com/resources/white_papers.html
Sorry I forgot to mention in my last post that the instructions are for
Linux-based installation. In case you are using Windows, you might want
to search somewhere else.

Regards
Aman

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 23:37, agftech lists wrote:
> http://www.agftech.com/resources/white_papers.html
>
> HTH
> Aman
>
> On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 14:18, patrick.liechty@aurumtechnology.com wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I am trying to build Apache 1.3.29 with mod_ssl.  I read the
> > modssl.org instructions on how to get Apache to use mod_ssl, but the
> > docs are out dated since Apache doesn't include the ssl module
> > anymore.  Where can I find docs to get them both working together.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >

> > Patrick Liechty
> >

> > Notice:  The information contained in this message may be privileged,
> > confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
> > message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> > any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
> > strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
> > please notify us immediately by replying to this message, and then
> > delete it from your computer. All e-mail sent to this address will be
> > received by the Aurum Technology corporate e-mail system and is
> > subject to archiving and review by someone other than the recipient.
> >

> ______________________
> Aman Raheja
> AGF Technologies
> http://www.agftech.com

________________________

Aman Raheja
Chief Technology Officer
araheja@agftech.com
AGF Technologies
http://www.agftech.com
1-800-332-2467
1-314-344-3400

Re: [users@httpd] Mod SSL

Posted by agftech lists <li...@agftech.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] Mod SSL

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 patrick.liechty@aurumtechnology.com wrote:
> I am trying to build Apache 1.3.29 with mod_ssl.  I read the modssl.org
> instructions on how to get Apache to use mod_ssl, but the docs are out dated
> since Apache doesn't include the ssl module anymore.  Where can I find docs
> to get them both working together.

The instructions at modssl.org are the correct ones.  Apache 2.0 includes
mod_ssl, but apache 1.3 does not.  You need to obtain it from modssl.org
(or apache-ssl.org) and follow their directions.

Joshua.