Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dwayne Miller <dm...@espgroup.net> on 2002/04/11 20:02:20 UTC

Use of ORDER

Did order, allow, and deny configuration options go away on the
<Directory> directive?  This is in the 2.0 docs, but I can't get it to
work.  I do have a lot of the modules unloaded however.

| <Directory />
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from All
</Directory>|

Tks,

Answering user questions, WAS: RE: Use of ORDER

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
Hi,

>From experience on the samba/samba-tng lists I have
to discourage answering user questions here.  Only
point them at the user list(s).  The reason for this
is simple: they keep comming back if you give an
answer.  I know this sounds (a bit?) rude, but,
well, fill in the ... ;)

Thanks,

Sander

PS.  This is not aimed to someone in particular, just
     a general remark.

Re: Use of ORDER

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Dwayne Miller wrote:

> Did order, allow, and deny configuration options go away on the
> <Directory> directive?  This is in the 2.0 docs, but I can't get it to
> work.  I do have a lot of the modules unloaded however.
>
> | <Directory />
>   Order Deny,Allow
>   Deny from All
> </Directory>|

1. Make sure mod_access is loaded.

2. Make sure you aren't overriding this with further access control
directives down the tree.

3. Explain better what "I can't get it to work" means.  But do it
on the users mailing list rather than the development list.

Joshua.