Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Boyl <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/08 15:13:45 UTC

Very low score for spam from b2blistappenders.com

Hi, everyone

Pls, do you get a good spam score on this? For us, no hits for
spamassassin, etc.

I checked in test sites such as http://spamcheck.postmarkapp.com/ and also
very low score.

Strange, as it does seem to have spammy words, etc... no?

See:

http://pastebin.com/EJH1eddN

Thanks!
Robert

Re: Very low score for spam from b2blistappenders.com

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, 08 Apr 2016 18:04:48 +0300
Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> Robert Boyl kirjoitti 8.4.2016 16:13:
>
> > Hi, everyone
> >
> > Pls, do you get a good spam score on this? For us, no hits for
> > spamassassin, etc.
> >
> > I checked in test sites such as http://spamcheck.postmarkapp.com/
> > and also very low score.
> >
> > Strange, as it does seem to have spammy words, etc... no?
> >
> > See:
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/EJH1eddN
>
> The old plugin botnet still rocks on me, while most just can't and
> won't use it... My bayes was clueless, as expected. But not 00
> either..
>  1.5 BOTNET                 Relay might be a spambot or virusbot
>

> [botnet0.8,ip=MTkyLjE2OC4xLjY2,maildomain=b2blistappenders.com,nordns]

Unfortunately that's caused by Botnet picking up an incorrectly parsed
internal header.

Re: Very low score for spam from b2blistappenders.com

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
Robert Boyl kirjoitti 8.4.2016 16:13:

> Hi, everyone
>
> Pls, do you get a good spam score on this? For us, no hits for spamassassin, etc.
>
> I checked in test sites such as http://spamcheck.postmarkapp.com/ and also very low score.
>
> Strange, as it does seem to have spammy words, etc... no?
>
> See:
>
> http://pastebin.com/EJH1eddN

The old plugin botnet still rocks on me, while most just can't and won't
use it... My bayes was clueless, as expected. But not 00 either..

 pts rule name              description

---- ----------------------

 1.3 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net

              [Blocked - see
<http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?106.51.133.155>]

 1.5 BOTNET                 Relay might be a spambot or virusbot

[botnet0.8,ip=MTkyLjE2OC4xLjY2,maildomain=b2blistappenders.com,nordns]

 0.8 BAYES_50               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 40 to 60%

                            [score: 0.4918]

 0.8 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to internal network by a host with
no rDNS

--
jarif.bit

Re: Very low score for spam from b2blistappenders.com

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 10:13:45 -0300
Robert Boyl wrote:

> Hi, everyone
>
> Pls, do you get a good spam score on this? For us, no hits for
> spamassassin, etc.
>
> I checked in test sites such as http://spamcheck.postmarkapp.com/ and
> also very low score.
>
> Strange, as it does seem to have spammy words, etc... no?

SpamAssassin tends not to have many rules that target types of content
because they could be legitimate. Finding which words are spammy for
you is what Bayes is for.

> See:
>
> http://pastebin.com/EJH1eddN

There are three blocks of headers here DSPAM, X-myisp.com, and
Barracuda headers.  It's  not clear whether any are yours, but I see
that DSPAM did catch this and Barracuda doesn't have Bayes turned-on.

Re: Very low score for spam from b2blistappenders.com

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 10:13:45 -0300
Robert Boyl wrote:

> Hi, everyone
>
> Pls, do you get a good spam score on this? For us, no hits for
> spamassassin, etc.
>
> I checked in test sites such as http://spamcheck.postmarkapp.com/ and
> also very low score.
>
> Strange, as it does seem to have spammy words, etc... no?
>
> See:
>
> http://pastebin.com/EJH1eddN

In this header

  by mx12.myisp.com with SMTP; 7 Apr 2016 18:14:25 -0000

Did you edit anything other than the myisp.com domain? In particular
the contents of the brackets that contain MTkyLjE2OC4xLjY2.

The parser is expecting something like this example:

     (baldusi@200.69.254.217 with plain) by smtp.mail.vip.sc5.yahoo.com
     with SMTP; 11 Mar 2003 21:03:28 -0000

Re: Very low score for spam from b2blistappenders.com

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 08.04.2016 um 15:13 schrieb Robert Boyl:
> Hi, everyone
>
> Pls, do you get a good spam score on this? For us, no hits for
> spamassassin, etc.
>
> I checked in test sites such as http://spamcheck.postmarkapp.com/ and
> also very low score.
>
> Strange, as it does seem to have spammy words, etc... no?
>
> See:
>
> http://pastebin.com/EJH1eddN

besdies that your ISP is a fool (URIBL_BLOCKED - just google it) even a
high score don't help much with "TAG_LEVEL=3.5 QUARANTINE_LEVEL=400.0
KILL_LEVEL=100.0 tests=HTML_MESSAGE"

why is your ISP's spamfilter at all in front?

that way you can't reject anything without harm your ISP by make it a
backscatter - inbound filters have to run dfirectly on the MX to make
rejects possible and let RBL's do their job proper

  pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
  3.5 BAYES_60               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 60 to 80%
                             [score: 0.7551]
  2.5 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to internal network by a host
with no rDNS

after train it and add custom rules

  pts rule name              description
  7.5 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99 to 100%
                             [score: 1.0000]
  2.5 CUST_BODY_18           BODY: Contains Medium
  1.5 CUST_BODY_17           BODY: Contains Low
  0.4 BAYES_999              BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99.9 to 100%
                             [score: 1.0000]
  2.5 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to internal network by a host
with no rDNS
  0.5 CUST_SUBJ_16           Contains Very Low