Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Alex Soto <le...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/24 17:58:52 UTC

searching for words with symbols

Hello:

I have a problem where I need to search for the word "C++".
If I use StandardAnalyzer, the "+" characters are removed and the
search is done on just the "c" character which is not what is
intended.
Yet, I need to use standard analyzer for the other benefits it provides.

I think I need to write a specialized tokenizer (and accompanying
analyzer) that let the "+" characters pass.
I would use the JFlex provided one, modify it and add it to my project.

My question is:

Is there any simpler way to accomplish the same?

--
Alex Soto
lexsoto@gmail.com

-