Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/16 11:43:03 UTC

user HMWOFBIZUS

Hi all,
Recently I saw some changes to wiki pages and some comments to JIRA issues
made by user hmwofbizus with name Hotwax Media OFBiz Team.

But who is Hotwax Media OFBiz Team? Is that one person or a group of
persons using the same account?

Is this what we want in an open source project under the umbrella of the
ASF? It seems to me that it makes it harder to attribute contributions to
individuals and to bestow merit and thanks to the person.

Regards,
Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
It is also helpful to know who to contact if there is a question that
comes up in editing. It is nice to be able to ask a person directly for
clarification.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 16, 2014, at 7:51 PM, Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2014, at 7:41 PM, Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
>> I guess you read that line from Anil?
>>> don’t know what you mean, IMO, OFBiz will be not be in bad shape if Jacques was not doing what he is doing for OFBiz.

Ah... just to be super clear we are on the same page; the way I read the above sentence is the following:

"OFBiz will not be very different from what it is now even if Jacques would not be involved in the project"

I just checked with Anil and this is indeed what he meant to say.

Jacopo

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
See below.

On 16/09/2014 4:56 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Le 16/09/2014 20:53, Ron Wheeler a écrit :
>> There is also the legal issue about who has signed an ICLA and who
>> has agreed to give up their rights to the code.
>>
>> It would not be very much fun if someone claimed that they has
>> submitted code under a group name and had never signed an ICLA but
>> now wanted Apache to stop using their code.
>
> Some facts I know
> This person should have the proof she is in this situation. It's
> unclear to me at the international level. For instance in France if
> you are an employee all your code pertains to your company.
>
> But anyway each committer is somehow responsible of that he commits. I
> wrote somehow because I recently (some months ago finally, time fly
> when you are having fun ;) followed a very interesting conversation
> titled "Continuous release review" in legal-discuss@apache.org ML and
> it let me puzzled. You might find and judge by yourself from here in
> this thread
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/201405.mbox/%3CFBC4057E-4197-4142-A789-A12621224377@jaguNET.com%3E
> in a sense or the other (more back though IIRW)
>
> This one is also interesting
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/201406.mbox/%3C53A7E5A8.30609@apache.org%3E
> And finally this one
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/201408.mbox/%3C072001cfbd5c$b46d0c00$1d472400$@rosenlaw.com%3E
>
>> It is not clear who would be responsible for fixing the system and
>> indemnifying the coder for using his/her work without permission.
>> Could the person sue individual companies who use OFBiz containing
>> his/her code. This would be a PR nightmare.
>
> In theory that should not happen, of course exceptions always happen :D

It can not happen because everyone who commits code has signed an ICLA
and has taken personal responsibility for getting the employer's
permission to contribute the code.

If an ASF project allows anonymous contributions, this breaks down. The
PMC is responsible for ensuring that this does not happen.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Amardeep Singh Jhajj <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jacques.

Amardeep Singh Jhajj
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Amardeep Singh Jhajj <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ashish.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Done, Thanks Amardeep.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Amardeep Singh Jhajj <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Akash Jain <ak...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thanks Jacques!

Thanks and Regards
--
Akash Jain

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Akash Jain <ak...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thanks Ashish!

Thanks and Regards

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Done, Thanks Akash.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Akash Jain <ak...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Arun Patidar <ar...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thanks Jacques

Thanks & Regards
---
Arun Patidar

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Done

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Arun Patidar <ar...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Done

Jacques

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Done

Jacques

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Gavin,

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification, Gavin.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: user HMWOFBIZUS

Posted by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.
Seeing how random people seem to be added to the contributor list by that
username, i second your opinion, Pierre:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Apache+OFBiz+Contributors