Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2004/08/20 04:07:00 UTC

disable breadcrumbs in pelt

Leeman Strout wrote:
 > Sorry about that...
 >
 > To continue:
 >
 > Lastly, I can't get pelt to not display breadcrumbs.  I have changed
 > within skinconf.xml the following:
 >
 >   <trail>
 >     <link1 name="" href=""/>
 >     <link2 name="" href=""/>
 >     <link3 name="" href=""/>
 >   </trail>
 >
 > And I still get the breadcrumbs.  And in fact I just tested and it may
 > not be just pelt... but I don't know where it would be.  pelt and crust
 > both display breadcrumbs no matter how I change the above.
 >
 > So how do you *really* get breadcrumbs to go away?

Use location="none" to not display the trail (if the skin supports it).
-> pelt will ;-)

I just enabled it for pelt, will have to do it for crust the next days.
Just update your dis.

HTH
thorsten

Re: disable breadcrumbs in pelt

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
Leeman Strout wrote:
> Doesn't work...
>
> Updated the dist at 10:40pm:  At revision 36649.
>
> skinconf.xml:
>   <trail>
>     <link1 name="" href="" location="none"/>
>     <link2 name="" href="" location="none"/>
>     <link3 name="" href="" location="none"/>
>   </trail>
>
> And I still get the crumbs.

Yeah that does not work!

Try:
<trail location="none">
</trail>

That works!

HTH
thorsten

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Leeman Strout wrote:
> Doesn't work...
>
> Updated the dist at 10:40pm:  At revision 36649.
>
> skinconf.xml:
>    <trail>
>      <link1 name="" href="" location="none"/>
>      <link2 name="" href="" location="none"/>
>      <link3 name="" href="" location="none"/>
>    </trail>
>
> And I still get the crumbs.

It seems that you did not follow Thorsten's instructions:
Create a new directory, change to it, do 'forrest seed'
and see the instructions for <trail> ... you need to use
the location="none" attribute.

Also, you need the latest revision, i.e. 36651 +

--David

Posted by Leeman Strout <l....@agilixcorp.com>.
Doesn't work...