Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Alex Heneveld <al...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2017/09/08 12:22:13 UTC

Using a default external provider in examples ?

Hi All-

I've had a couple exchanges where people are put off by passwords shown
in plain text in our demos.  It's all well and good explaining it's for
demo but if we say "of course you should use an external provider" then
our examples do also.

In order not to require additional setup of this by the user, I've added
a default external provider for review [1].  You can use this as follows:

     $brooklyn:external("brooklyn-demo-sample", "hidden-brooklyn-password")

I've added documentation explaining this at [2].  I'll update our
examples in the examples repo and the docs shortly and open new PRs.

If anyone thinks this isn't the way to go, just say.  If no one speaks
up then could someone who really likes this review and merge the various
PRs?  (Give 24h for people to comment and me to finish the rest of the
items.)

Best
Alex

PRs are: