Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Ernst Fastl <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/26 14:50:09 UTC

Suggestions for PPRPanelGroup Improvements

Hi,

If I understood the recent discussions correctly we should
create JIRA Issues seperately for every change we want to make
rather than Issues like "Enhancing component x". Following
List are suggestions for improvements to the PPRPanelGroup.

1. Update the JSF sequence when doing partial updates

2. Support Client-Side State-Saving

3. Don't render the JS-Code for registering the partial Triggers in
AJAX-Response

4. Support partially adding components which include js-files with the
AddResource

5. avoid Log Message: "DefaultAddResource - Response has no <head> or

6. Support the Browser Back-Button by fetching the page with the
corresponding JSF-Sequence

7. Support a Attribute to trigger partial updates by all contained elements
(updateByInnerComponents="true" ? suggestions for a good name? )

Other suggestions are welcome. If nobody has any objections
I would create JIRA Issues for every one of them.

Should I add them to "MyFaces Tomahawk - New Component" or is
it possible to create the PPRPanelGroup as a component in JIRA ?

Since this are a lot of changes I will probably not be
able to fix all of them before the next release. Is creating
the JIRA issues now  in conflict with the release policy
if they are not fixed befor the next release?

regards

Ernst

Re: Suggestions for PPRPanelGroup Improvements

Posted by Ernst Fastl <er...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the Information!

I also like the Idea of having a single "Enhancing PPRPanelGroup" issue.
But I'll put not all of the suggestions in there to
be sure I'll be able to finish them within reasonable time ( weeks ).
And also because, there are some points for which I don't have any Ideas
how to implement them yet. Also some of them will probably need to
be discussed like for instance the Client-Side State saving.

however, thanks for the support

kind regards

Ernst

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ernst Fastl <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

after updating and looking through the code again, I found out that
Mario already fixed the most important issues. Thanks for that.
Still open are:

1. Update the JSF sequence when doing partial updates

2. Support Client-Side State-Saving

3. Don't render the JS-Code for registering the partial Triggers in
AJAX-Response (already started on Server side, js-code still
needs to be changed)

4. Support partially adding components which include js-files with the
AddResource

5. Support the Browser Back-Button by fetching the page with the
corresponding JSF-Sequence

6. Support a Attribute to trigger partial updates by all contained elements
(updateByInnerComponents="true" ? suggestions for a good name? )

Please correct me if I am wrong with any of those.

Also still open the question of how to create the PPRPanelGroup
as a new component in JIRA :-).

regards

Ernst