Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Serle Shuman <se...@creator.co.za> on 2000/03/29 09:54:34 UTC

Fix to XML parsing probems using server.xml & server.dtd

Hi

I'm not sure how to submit my fixes so I'll just send them as attachments
and let the relavant developer integrate them.

I downloaded the latest cvs source and did a build. Tomcat would not start
using the existing server.xml & server.dtd files I have attached my
modifications.

Re: Fix to XML parsing probems using server.xml & server.dtd

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Serle Shuman wrote:

> I've read the links, but I'm not a commiter and therefore do not have write
> acess to the cvs repositories. So how would I get my fixes in without
> committer privledges? I think the relavant commiter should take over from
> here.

There are two very useful habits that people who want to submit changes can
follow that will make life easier on everyone:

* Use the "diff" tool to create a patch file highlighting the
  differences between the original file and what you are
  proposing.  This is described on:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/guidelines/source.html

* Use the Bugzilla system to report your bug (or enhancement)
  and include the patch content in either the problem description
  or as an attachment.  Things that only get posted to the mailing
  list sometimes get buried in the electronic paper shuffle -- things
  in Bugzilla are monitored and tracked regularly.

    http://jakarta.apache.org/bugs

Thanks for wanting to help!

> thanks
> Serle

Craig McClanahan

Re: Fix to XML parsing probems using server.xml & server.dtd

Posted by jon * <jo...@clearink.com>.
on 3/28/00 11:54 PM, Serle Shuman <se...@creator.co.za> wrote:

> I'm not sure how to submit my fixes

Try reading our website...