Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by grandcross <dc...@entertain-me.com> on 2009/02/13 14:04:07 UTC

ear unable to find ejb jar file

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a maven produced ear file, and it's failing when
deploying the ejb portion. Here's the error:
Jar entry does not exist:
jarFile=/home/dcarter/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.3/var/temp/geronimo-deployer15445.tmpdir/iceberg-ear-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.ear,
path=iceberg-ejb.jar

Basically, it's trying to load iceberg-ejb.jar when it should be loading
iceberg-ejb-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar which is in the jar. Is this a pom.xml error,
or is it elsewhere?

Re: ear unable to find ejb jar file

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Feb 13, 2009, at 5:04 AM, grandcross wrote:

> I'm trying to deploy a maven produced ear file, and it's failing when
> deploying the ejb portion. Here's the error:
> Jar entry does not exist:
> jarFile=/home/dcarter/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.3/var/temp/
> geronimo-deployer15445.tmpdir/iceberg-ear-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.ear,
> path=iceberg-ejb.jar
>
> Basically, it's trying to load iceberg-ejb.jar when it should be
> iceberg-ejb-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar which is in the jar. Is this a
> pom.xml error,
> or is it elsewhere?

This is likely because the application.xml of the ear lists a module
with the name (a.k.a. path) "iceberg-ejb.jar".

If maven generated the application.xml, then there's likely something
that has to be configured differently.

-David