Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Conrad Gustafson <cg...@exi.com> on 2001/02/17 02:20:42 UTC

IIS still won't play nice

Hi all.  I need some expert help with a mystery that's been plaguing me.

I have the ISAPI redirector installed and Tomcat configured to run with it.
I am using IIS 5 under Win2K.  I've checked everything over and it all looks
fine (from my newbie perspective -- read the how-tos and follow them as
closely as possible).

When I try to hit http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html
I get an HTTP 404 File not found error.

The last line in SYSTEM32/LogFiles/W3SVC1 is "01:00:28 127.0.0.1 GET
/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll+ 404"

The troubleshooting guide says, in this case, to "Make sure you entered the
URL correctly.", which isn't that helpful.

So the ISAPI redirector is recognizing that it should handle the request,
but it is not finding the page?

The ISAPI.log file has these lines associated with the request:

[jk_isapi_plugin.c (408)]: HttpFilterProc started
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (429)]: In HttpFilterProc test redirection of
/examples/jsp/index.html
[jk_uri_worker_map.c (344)]: Into jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker
[jk_uri_worker_map.c (406)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, Found a
match ajp12
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (439)]: HttpFilterProc [/examples/jsp/index.html] is a
servlet url - should redirect to ajp12
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (461)]: HttpFilterProc check if
[/examples/jsp/index.html] is points to the web-inf directory

By the way, http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/index.html works just fine.

In workers.properties, I have these workers defined:

worker.ajp12.port=8007
worker.ajp12.host=localhost
worker.ajp12.type=ajp12

worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

The examples context in server.xml is just the same as the default.
I didn't put the isapi_redirect.dll into the FilterDLLs registry key, as
somebody had suggested I check (thank you).

Sorry to be so long-winded, but this is totally driving me nuts for a week
now.  I don't seem to have any clues as to what is going wrong.  If any
Tomcat-wise people have any advice to me I would be very appreciative.

Gratefully,

Conrad

RE: IIS still won't play nice...And neither does Apache...

Posted by Adam Fowler <af...@cc.edu>.
Hi,

Interestingly enough this also happens on my Linux Mandrake
7.2(kernel-2.4.0-2mdk) installation. I too followed the very detailed
how-to's on the web *snigger*.(need a mod_jk documentation re-writer?) I am
an experienced Linux user and I've checked the logs which say NOTHING. I've
come to the conclusion that it's a linking problem. I'm using mod_jk, ajp13
as the protocol and apache-1.3.14-2mdk as the web server.

There's no way with the number of ppl I've seen having this problem in the
last week that it's a dumb user thing. It's gotta be the communication
between the web server and tomcat.

Any developers got any ideas?

Regards,

Adam.

----
Adam Fowler
Second year Computer Science undergraduate
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Carroll College, WI, USA(2000-2001)
web: http://gucciboy.dyndns.org/aff9
e-mail: adamfowler@chillin.co.uk
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"
----