Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/12 15:46:30 UTC

ColumnChart's ColumnSet issue when 'type' is '100%' stack

Hi,
I am using a custom panel with a toggle button bar on top. This is used to
show different types of charts on the same panel.

Toggle button bar is binded with a viewstack in the panel, which has only 2
views. One with a line chart and another one with a column chart.

Chart types I want to show are 3, ie., line chart, column chart with 100%
stack type and column chart with clustered type. Since I need to just
change the columnSet's type to '100%' or 'clustered', I am using only one
columnchart and just toggling it's value.

On load, the button bar index is set to 0 and hence panel shows line
chart[1]. Manually if i navigate to 100% stack, it shows the column chart
series with 100% stack properly as shown in [2]

But my client wanted to view 100% stack chart as default instead of line
chart, and hence I just changed the toggle button bar's selectedIndex to 1
and internal, it sets the columnchart's columnset's type to '100%'. But
unfortunately, it isn't showing me all the series properly. It shows just
one as shown in  [3]

But again if I manually nagivate to line chart and come back to 100% stack,
it shows all the series properly!

I'm still not sure what's going wrong here. I did try invalidating the
columnchart:
columnChart.invalidateDisplayList()
 columnChart.invalidateSeriesStyles()

But that didn't work.

 Is there a way we can invalidate the columnset series to force it to draw
all the series again? or any way to make it work as expected?

[1] http://snag.gy/SPYPJ.jpg
[2] http://snag.gy/luUzV.jpg
[3] http://snag.gy/1o3U8.jpg

Appreciate your help...