Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ian Marshall <ia...@itlhosting.co.uk> on 2014/06/29 13:33:28 UTC

experience's and issues with setting up cloudstack 4.3 and xenserver 6.2

Hi All

Openstack is now dumped as the preferred route to a private cloud solution.
Due to the issues with getting that installed, I need to get buy-in to
consider redeployment using Cloudstack.

We have got xenserver 6.2 running with EQLX as shared storage, so no issues
with these.

What I am struggling with is being able to list the benefits of CS over
just XS deployment. So if anyone has migrated from XS to CS due to
restrictions, plase advise what these were.

We need to be able to deploy across multiple sites and isolate 'projects'
and future expectations is SaaS/PaaS requirements as we diversify our
product ranges.

Regards
Ian

Re: experience's and issues with setting up cloudstack 4.3 and xenserver 6.2

Posted by Ian Marshall <ia...@itlhosting.co.uk>.
Thanks Lucian

This has given me an overview, much appreciated.

regards
Ian

Regards
Ian

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi,

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Ian,

Reply inline;

Ian Marshall wrote:
> Thanks Rohit
>
> Some useful reading, which I found interesting.
>
> Would I be correct to assume vAPPs in XS is a basic version of VPC in CS,
> or are they totally different.

XenServer vAPPs provides a way to logically group multiple VMs and that
group is treated and managed as a single entity. VPC (virtual private
cloud) is like a private cloud container which has its own network and
is logically isolated CloudStack and it was modeled like AWS VPC
(http://aws.amazon.com/vpc).

Regards.

--
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: experience's and issues with setting up cloudstack 4.3 and xenserver 6.2

Posted by Ian Marshall <ia...@itlhosting.co.uk>.
Thanks Rohit

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Ian,