Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net> on 2006/11/25 15:01:58 UTC

Spamcop reporting? Anon or register?

According to SA documentation, not registering with spamcop will lessen
the 'weight' of your report to spamcop when you use the manual report
spam features of spamcop.

spamcop_to_address add@ress.com (default: generic reporting address)
    Your customized SpamCop report submission address. You need to
obtain this address by registering at http://www.spamcop.net/. If this
is not set, SpamCop reports will go to a generic reporting address for
SpamAssassin users and your reports will probably have less weight in
the SpamCop system.

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_S
pamCop.html

Does anyone know if spamcop does anything with 'anon' spamassassin
reports?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
SECNAP Network Security Corporation

Re: Spamcop reporting? Anon or register?

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Saturday, November 25, 2006, 6:01:58 AM, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> According to SA documentation, not registering with spamcop will lessen
> the 'weight' of your report to spamcop when you use the manual report
> spam features of spamcop.

> spamcop_to_address add@ress.com (default: generic reporting address)
>     Your customized SpamCop report submission address. You need to
> obtain this address by registering at http://www.spamcop.net/. If this
> is not set, SpamCop reports will go to a generic reporting address for
> SpamAssassin users and your reports will probably have less weight in
> the SpamCop system.

> http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_S
> pamCop.html

> Does anyone know if spamcop does anything with 'anon' spamassassin
> reports?

Yes, the anonymous reports are used, but may have less effect
than the registered reports.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

Re: Spamcop reporting? Anon or register?

Posted by Andrzej Adam Filip <an...@xl.wp.pl>.
"Michael Scheidell" <sc...@secnap.net> writes:

> According to SA documentation, not registering with spamcop will lessen
> the 'weight' of your report to spamcop when you use the manual report
> spam features of spamcop.
>
> spamcop_to_address add@ress.com (default: generic reporting address)
>     Your customized SpamCop report submission address. You need to
> obtain this address by registering at http://www.spamcop.net/. If this
> is not set, SpamCop reports will go to a generic reporting address for
> SpamAssassin users and your reports will probably have less weight in
> the SpamCop system.
>
> http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_S
> pamCop.html
>
> Does anyone know if spamcop does anything with 'anon' spamassassin
> reports?

I have no idea.

Anyway I suggest you registering and sending notifications to
responsible netmasters/webmasters.

You may use spamcup or http://anfi.homeunix.net/perl/spamcop-ack.pl to
automatically acknowledge spamcop.net reports submitted by
"spamassassin -r" via SMTP.

--
[pl2en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl