Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sabri Sawaad <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2006/02/01 05:14:16 UTC

Subversion Loadbalancing

Hi Team

We are deploying subversion for our organization internally. We are using it
to store both source code as well as documents. Can you help me with the
following information:
* What is a server - with dual P4, 2Gig ram and raid5 - sufficient to serve
approximately 500 concurent users?
* Is it possible to deploy subversion on a load balanced cluster (say LVS)?
is SVN cluster aware, or will it benifit from a performance perspective?
* Are you aware of any perfomance tests/statistics for SVN

thanks
Sabri

Re: Subversion Loadbalancing

Posted by Sabri Sawaad <sa...@hotmail.com>.
> From: Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>
>To: Sabri Sawaad <sa...@hotmail.com>
>CC: users@subversion.tigris.org
>Subject: Re: Subversion Loadbalancing
>Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 08:04:37 -0500
>
>On 2/1/06, Sabri Sawaad <sa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > We are deploying subversion for our organization internally. We are
>using it
> > to store both source code as well as documents. Can you help me with the
> > following information:
> > * What is a server - with dual P4, 2Gig ram and raid5 - sufficient to
>serve
> > approximately 500 concurent users?
>
>You'll have 500 people concurrently performing operations that
>directly affect the repository, or you'll have 500 user accounts in
>the system?  There is a *huge* difference.

Hi Andy

Thanks for replying, there's a typo there, it should read:
* Is a server - with dual P4, 2Gig ram and raid5 - sufficient to serve
approximately 500 concurent users?

Yes I do mean concurrent users, total number of user accounts will be
approximately 5,000

Regards

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.