Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/22 09:27:17 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Wookie from the Incubator

During incubation, Wookie has:

* Produced 5 releases
* Added 3 new Committer/PPMC members
* Cleared IP on all donations
* Learned to self-govern and engage the community
* Received and applied multiple community patches

Given these accomplishments, I propose that we submit the following
graduation resolution to the incubator PMC.

Please VOTE over the next 72 hours on the resolution below:

[ ] +1 Graduate Wookie from the Incubator per the resolution below.
[ ] +0 Don't care.
[ ] -1  Don't graduate Wookie from the Incubator because..

X. Establish the Apache Wookie Project

    open-source software related to an implementation of the
    W3C Widgets family of specifications for distribution at no
    charge to the public.

    Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Wookie Project",
    Foundation; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache Wookie Project be and hereby is
    related to implementation of the W3C Widgets family of
    specifications; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Wookie" be
    and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
    serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
    of the Apache Wookie Project, and to have primary responsibility
    for management of the projects within the scope of
    responsibility of the Apache Wookie Project; and be it further

    Apache Wookie Project:

	* Scott Wilson        <sc...@apache.org>
        * Ate Douma           <at...@apache.org>
        * Ross Gardler        <rg...@apache.org>
        * Matt Franklin       <mf...@apache.org>
        * Paul Sharples       <ps...@apache.org>
        * Kris Popat          <kr...@apache.org>
        * Raido Kuli          <ra...@apache.org>
        * Hoang Minh Tien     <hm...@apache.org>

    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Scott Wilson
    be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Wookie, to
    serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
    death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
    or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Wookie PMC be and hereby is
    tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
    encourage open development and increased participation in the
    Apache Wookie Project; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache Wookie Project be and hereby
    Incubator Wookie podling; and be it further

    Incubator Wookie podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
    Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Wookie from the Incubator

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
+1

Sent from my tablet

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.