Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jason Clark <je...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/17 20:55:35 UTC

queue analysis

Are there any good queue analysis tools I can use to view the status
of my mail queues?

in postfix the mailq command give some useful information.

I'm asking because I have a rule setup to:

<mailet match="RecipientIs=moreinfo@hamshow.com" class="Forward">
           <forwardto>jeclark@gmail.com</forwardto>
</mailet>

I have this setup immeadiatley after : <processor name="root">

there's no mention in the log that the mail was forwarded to
jeclark@gmail.com, but if I look in the /var/mail/relay-denied, I look
in the file XXXXXXXX.Repository.FileObjectStore and find the
jeclark@gmail.com address.

Any ideas why that would be?  If I could at least get a bit more
information out of the system, at the current time, I don't even have
anything in my logs.

Cheers,
jason.

Re: queue analysis

Posted by Jason Clark <je...@gmail.com>.
only internal processes ( i.e. those residing on the 172.16.*.*
network ) should be sending mail to moreinfo@hamshow.com.

but for whatever reason they always end up in the relay-denied
directory.  Which is a little frustrating as I think I shoud have
everything setup correctly to do this.

I'm going to take your suggestion ( it's a cleaner solution than what
I've done anyway ), and hopefully it resolves my problem.

Thanks for you help on this.

cheers,
jason.

RE: queue analysis

Posted by Daniel Perry <d....@netcase.co.uk>.

Re: queue analysis

Posted by Jason Clark <je...@gmail.com>.

RE: queue analysis

Posted by Daniel Perry <d....@netcase.co.uk>.

RE: queue analysis

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
I have not read the rest of this thread, but the easy way to watch queue
processing is realize that the queue is called the spool, and to turn on
DEBUG for the spool manager in environment.xml.

	--- Noel