Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/01/24 09:03:30 UTC

Lucene Sample

Hi,

I just checked the lucene sample, either I'm too blind to see it or
it does not work as expected:

I started the index generation with the preset baseURL
(something like http://server:80/cocoon/documents/index.html). This
took several minutes.

Now I searched for a lot of strings using both XSP and the generator,
but I didn't get any result. The created index in the work directory
is empty. So what is wrong? My URL?

In addition if I hit the "Cocoon XML Search Interface" link on top
of the search page, the result is a rather empty page containing
only the text "/searchindex.xsp". But fortunately in big letters!

We should get this working asap to finally get a new release out!

Thanks
Carsten

RE: Lucene Sample

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]
>
> > From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just checked the lucene sample, either I'm too blind to see it or
> > it does not work as expected:
> >
> > I started the index generation with the preset baseURL
> > (something like http://server:80/cocoon/documents/index.html). This
> > took several minutes.
> >
> > Now I searched for a lot of strings using both XSP and the
generator,
> > but I didn't get any result. The created index in the work directory
> > is empty. So what is wrong? My URL?

I was not able to reproduce this. I always have index created
successfully, but I found other issue (next email about this).

> > In addition if I hit the "Cocoon XML Search Interface" link on top
> > of the search page, the result is a rather empty page containing
> > only the text "/searchindex.xsp". But fortunately in big letters!

This was simple, I fixed this. However, right now sitemap is not
portable.

> > We should get this working asap to finally get a new release out!

Agreed.

Vadim

RE: Lucene Sample

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
>
> Hi,
>
> I just checked the lucene sample, either I'm too blind to see it or
> it does not work as expected:
>
> I started the index generation with the preset baseURL
> (something like http://server:80/cocoon/documents/index.html). This
> took several minutes.
>
> Now I searched for a lot of strings using both XSP and the generator,
> but I didn't get any result. The created index in the work directory
> is empty. So what is wrong? My URL?
>
> In addition if I hit the "Cocoon XML Search Interface" link on top
> of the search page, the result is a rather empty page containing
> only the text "/searchindex.xsp". But fortunately in big letters!
>
> We should get this working asap to finally get a new release out!

I will look into this today / today evening (US).

Vadim