Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Richard Hallier <tu...@laposte.net> on 2003/01/24 16:36:17 UTC

Newbie question

I use :
#set { $script = "confirmDelete(...)" }
#set ( $onClickEvent = "onClick=\"$script\"" )
$onClickEvent

And i would like to display :
onClick="confirmDelete(...)"

And it doesn't work. Any idea ?
Thank you for your support.
Richard.

Re: Newbie question

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
Richard said:
> I find strange enough to escape " with a double ". Why not to keep the
> common \ character to escape "  like \" ?
> Richard.

I said the reason--backwards compatibility.  If you would like to
review/restart the debate on the subject, i suggest you review the previous
discussion on the matter first.

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SearchList?listId=&listName=velocity-user
%40jakarta.apache.org&searchText=escaping+double+quotes&defaultField=subject
&Search=Search

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com

RE: Newbie question

Posted by Peter Romianowski <me...@gmx.de>.
  One should not forget, that "" is common in some template / scripting
languages where \" is common to java & co. (I would go for \" though)

  Regarding the backwards compatibility: As a result of the discussions
we had lately on the dev-list, there will be a wider refactoring / new additions
as of the 1.5 release which has not to be strictly b.c.

  BTW: When will 1.3.1 final and 1.4 scheduled (your friendly pita :)

Peter

RE: Newbie question

Posted by Richard Lamuette <tu...@laposte.net>.
I personnaly use this pattern, more OS independent  :
#set ( $pathSeparator ='\' )		# could come from a system property
#set ( $path = "c:${pathSeparator}myfolder" )
But I can admit the problem of backwards compatibility. Ok for me ;-)
Richard.

Posted by Barbara Baughman <ba...@utdallas.edu>.

RE: Newbie question

Posted by Richard Lamuette <tu...@laposte.net>.

Re: Newbie question

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.

Re: Newbie question

Posted by Rodrigo Reyes <ro...@instaservi.com>.

RE: Newbie question

Posted by Richard Lamuette <tu...@laposte.net>.

Re: Newbie question

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.

Re: velstruts 1.1 download?

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
Charles said:
> I have been seeing a lot of talk about velocty-struts integration
> working with struts 1.0 and struts 1.1.  I am starting to work with
> 1.1.b3 and it looks pretty good.  I like the improvements.  Now, where
> exactly do I get the corresponding velocity code to work with it?

as Gabe said, the current velstruts code works fine with either version of
struts.  if you are looking for code to work with some of the new features
in struts 1.1, then you won't find that in CVS or the nightly builds.  at
this point, not much struts 1.1 code has been written.  what little i've
written, i posted to this list a good while back (ActionMessages support--a
tool and a patch for StrutsUtils).  you ought to be able to find it in the
archives.  if not, let me know.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com

Re: velstruts 1.1 download?

Posted by Gabriel Sidler <si...@teamup.com>.
Charles,
the latest snapshot is at
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-velocity/nightly/

This version works for both Struts 1.0 and Strust 1.1, with
some minor limitations if used with Struts 1.1 (some of the new
features of Struts 1.1 are not available yet in VelocityStruts).

Gabe

Charles N. Harvey III wrote:

> I have been seeing a lot of talk about velocty-struts integration
> working with struts 1.0 and struts 1.1.  I am starting to work with
> 1.1.b3 and it looks pretty good.  I like the improvements.  Now, where
> exactly do I get the corresponding velocity code to work with it?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Charlie

Gabriel Sidler
Software Engineer, Eivycom GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland

Re: velstruts 1.1 download?

Posted by Jeff Linwood <je...@greenninja.com>.
Disregard this, I didn't realize there was a nightly build!

jeff

Re: velstruts 1.1 download?

velstruts 1.1 download?

Re: Newbie question

Posted by Andy Lee <ag...@earthlink.net>.
At 11:50 PM -0500 1/24/03, Anthony Eden wrote:
>I think you can do something like this:
>
>#set ( $qq = '"')
>#set ( $script = "confirmDelete()" )
>#set ( $onClickEvent = "onClick=$qq$script$qq" )

Or, if you don't mind using single-quotes, something like:

#set ( $onClickEvent = "onClick='$script'" )

I'm pretty sure single-quotes can be substituted for doubles in this
case, but maybe you prefer to use double quotes consistently
throughout your HTML.

--Andy

Re: Newbie question

Posted by Anthony Eden <ae...@signaturedomains.com>.
I think you can do something like this:

#set ( $qq = '"')
#set ( $script = "confirmDelete()" )
#set ( $onClickEvent = "onClick=$qq$script$qq" )

Ugly hack, but I think I have seen others on the list mention that that
is the correct way to do it for the moment.

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden

RE: Newbie question

Re: Newbie question