Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2003/11/17 23:06:32 UTC

[Idea] Use OpenEjb to do the same for EJB as we do for Servlets with Jetty

Write an OpenEjbTestSuite (same idea as JettyTestSuite), as it seems
OpenEJB is easily embeddable (See
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/2003/11/17.html#a410).

-Vincent

RE: [Idea] Use OpenEjb to do the same for EJB as we do for Servlets with Jetty

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Yes :-)

> Are you planning to use reflection to avoid a direct dependancy on
> OpenEJB, as done for Jetty?

That would be the idea but really I don't know how complex it is to
setup an openEJB container so it'll depend on this. If it is too complex
we might want to consider a separate cactus-openejb jar.

Now, the only problem is finding the time... Anyway, I was just throwing
an idea in the hope someone could get excited by it and also as a
self-reminder! :-)

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.