Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> on 2018/03/03 16:00:17 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release httpd-2.4.31

On 03/03/2018 04:56 PM, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
> Hi, all;
>
>    Please find below the proposed release tarball and signatures:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpd/

I know this is a bit nitpicky, and we don't do this in all projects,
but...can we please have the tarball digest in the vote thread in the
future? svn history aside, the tarballs could be overridden during a
vote, and we'd not know immediately unless we have an md5 or sha digest
we're sure the vote is about.

With regards,
Daniel.

Re: [VOTE] Release httpd-2.4.31

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 10:00 AM, Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 03/03/2018 04:56 PM, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
>> Hi, all;
>>
>>    Please find below the proposed release tarball and signatures:
>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpd/
>
> I know this is a bit nitpicky, and we don't do this in all projects,
> but...can we please have the tarball digest in the vote thread in the
> future? svn history aside, the tarballs could be overridden during a
> vote, and we'd not know immediately unless we have an md5 or sha digest
> we're sure the vote is about.
>
> With regards,
> Daniel.

This was once an issue, what with the /dev/dist/ area simply pushed
by scp by a committer.

Now that /dev/dist/ is populated via svn, e.g. Revision: 25393 to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpd/ - I don't think there is
any ambiguity. We have a solid tracking system.

This project *never* replaces a tarball without list discussion, and
it has happened very rarely. We have nearly always rolled onto
the next rev number if there is any ambiguity at all, once it has
been "published" to dev. We consider that collection final.