Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mugeesh Husain <mu...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/14 13:38:19 UTC

how many document contain a shard

Hi,

I have a bid amount of document(billion) , I am looking for how many shard i
have to create in a core ?

As i know capacity of core is 100M( aprox) ?

Is i need to create another core and make distributed search(solrcloud) on
it ?

Actually i looking for a architecture how i should design my application.
i have billions of document, 3 server(node),need to create core which name
is fashionCollection.

is i need to create 2-3 core w.r.t fashionCollection1,fashionCollection2,
and fashionCollection3 like this ?

or is ther any alternative way to manage data into a one core with sharded
systems.

thanks

Re: how many document contain a shard

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You have to prototype. Fortunately you can do that on a very small cluster,
say 2 shards.

Here's the long form:
https://lucidworks.com/blog/sizing-hardware-in-the-abstract-why-we-dont-have-a-definitive-answer/

Best,