Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by James <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/05 03:00:59 UTC

Feedback messages with parameter substitution

Dear friends,

Please forgive me if this question is asked before and answered. I seriously
searched for this in the mailing list and other areas and couldn't find any
solution.

I've seen great examples of using StringResourceModel for parameter
substitution in components like Label.

But what I want is to display a feedback message, say an error message with
some dynamic values in it. Something like "The file abc.txt is already
uploaded", where "abc.txt" shall be dynamic.

So the localized text in the properties file would be something like
"message.fileAlreadyUploaded=The file {0} is already uploaded".

I've tried using something like this...

<code>
error(getString("message.fileAlreadyUploaded", new Model(new
String[]{fileUpload.getClientFileName()})));
</code>

but that' doesn't work..I also tried using StringResourceModel but to no
avail.

I know I'm doing something wrong, please guide me to solve this problem.

--
Thanks & Regards,
James

Re: Feedback messages with parameter substitution

Posted by MZ...@osc.state.ny.us.
Or...

Object[] vars = ...add dynamic file name object
StringResourceModel rModel = new
StringResourceModel("message.fileAlreadyUploaded", null, vars);
error(rModel.getObject());

From:   James <ja...@gmail.com>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   01/04/2011 09:22 PM
Subject:        Re: Feedback messages with parameter substitution

Folks,

I found the solution from the thread "Using getString with
parameters<
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Usage-of-getString-with-parameters-model-td1875254.html

".

And this is what I did in the properties file..

<pre>message.fileAlreadyUploaded=The file ${0} is already uploaded</pre>
(Note the $ sign)

And in the java code..

error(getString("message.fileAlreadyUploaded", new Model(new
String[]{fileUpload.getClientFileName()})));

It worked like a charm.

--
Thanks & Regards,
James

Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure
under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if
you have received this communication in error and delete this email from
your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested not
to disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
contents of this information.

Re: Feedback messages with parameter substitution

Posted by James <ja...@gmail.com>.
Folks,

--
Thanks & Regards,